Translation




Select Your Language Below if English isn't Your Main Language

TRANSLATE / SELECT LANGUAGE

Friday, January 9, 2015

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan —Top Reads Published in 2014 —Interview





When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE SIGN OF LOVE NOVEL, INSPIRED BY SAGITTARIUS. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.









Can you give a deleted or alternate scene?
Hi Toni! Thank you so much for featuring Archer!!
I don't have any deleted scenes from AV, unfortunately. I never think to keep those! I'll have to this time around. xo!



I remember when I first read AV and talked to you about it, you said you were nervous putting your shy boy out there with all these alpha males. After it doing so well, do you plan to write more stories with similar male leads?
Yes, I remember well! I was convinced that people would make fun of my sweet, shy boy and I was terrified to release him to the cruel world!  And I don't know! I don't have any plans to purposely create another character like Archer at this point, but if one comes to me, I won't ignore him. 



How did you feel when you learned that Archer's Voice was up for the Goodreads romance book of the year? Did you have any type of celebration?
I was shocked! To see that I'm on any type of list with an Outlander book is mind boggling!  I think my celebration was just pouring myself a glass of wine - but that's not unusual. Haha. 




What this story or any of these characters inspired by a real person, place or thing?

Nope. It all came completely from my imagination. I WISH I could tell you that there's a real Archer Hale living on a lake somewhere, but sadly, probably not. 

How did you come up with the idea of writing a series using Zodiac signs? What is the significance in using each sign with the story attached to it?
That idea actually came to one day when I opened the Yahoo home page and saw a fun little article along the lines of, "Your Sex Sign." I read it and thought it would be kind of interesting to take all the qualities of a sign and throw a life event at a character that would challenge them to act in the complete opposite way to what their inherent traits were supposed to be. What would that look like? How would they fight to return to who they really were? The idea was born from that thought. But I've changed it up a little along the way...I've used legends and different inspirations. 



Of all the books you have written, which is your favorite story and character?
As a character, probably Archer so far, mostly because I feel very protective of him! As far as storylines, I think my favorite is the one I'm working on right now! Kyland.

What is the title of your current writing project? Please give a summary and teaser if possible. It's called Kyland and it's based on Taurus. I don't really have a summary yet as I *just* finished the first draft. But I can say that it's about two very poor kids who grow up in the Kentucky Appalachian mountains.
























CLICK TO SEE OTHER MIA SHERIDAN POSTS




CLICK TO SEE MY REVIEW OF ARCHER'S VOICE


















No comments:

Post a Comment