Translation




Select Your Language Below if English isn't Your Main Language

TRANSLATE / SELECT LANGUAGE

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Complementary Colors by Adrienne Wilder —Top Reads From the 2014 Year —Interview








My sister Julia manipulated my life into a prison to keep me silent about our dirty family secret. Her greed made me a slave and circumstance left me with no way to escape.

Trapped, the only way I could silence the nightmares driving me to insanity was to wrap them in color, hold them with shadow, and stitch them to negative space with line.

But no matter how bright the pigments, no one could see my confession.

Except for Roy Callahan.

I thought he was just another nameless one-night stand in a long line of many. 
But I was wrong. Roy could see past the façade of my life and through the veil color over the canvas. He could see what the world couldn’t.

And with him I’d find the courage to tell the truth about the boy.

The boy who kissed me.
The boy who loved me.
The boy whose name I couldn’t remember.












Do you have a deleted scene or new scene you would like to share?


I don’t. I’m sorry. I rarely have scenes I delete or scenes that I write and keep out.  A good thing I guess in some ways :)


Will there be any other books with these characters in them?

Highly improbable. Not impossible, mind you, but I don’t have any ideas for a sequel. Right now I have so many books to get out, I don’t even have time to entertain the idea.

How did you get the idea to write this story?

The model on the cover is a photo by DW Skinner. When I saw the photo the story was born. I was very lucky to obtain it for the cover. I don’t think I would have been satisfied with any thing else, ever.

Of everything that you have written, which is your favorite book and character? 

I have no idea. Usually my “favorite” is whatever I am working on at that moment. Overall, there are things about every book that is special to me. I wouldn’t even know how to pick one over the other.

Are you currently working on anything?  If so can you tell a little about it or give a sample?

I am working (struggling) with finishing a book called In the Absence of Light. It’s difficult because of the characters and that the story is a bit softer than what I normally like to write. Don’t get me wrong. It has some difficult parts, but as a whole it is a true love story that defies the odds and breaks the molds about certain people. I am horrible at pitching my stories, and always reluctant to post tidbits until it is finished and put to bed but I’ll try my best.

Grant Kessler was one of Chicago’s best smugglers, but he was old school and never shipped drugs, guns or people. After a deal gone wrong, Grant discovers his lover of three years is an undercover FBI agent trying to get leverage to force him into an informant for the bureau. 
Bitter and broken hearted, Grant decides it’s time to get out.

But Grant can’t set sail for his island paradise just yet. Not with the FBI watching his every move and looking for evidence they can use to seize his bank accounts and place him under arrest. To bide his time, Grant heads a no where town. He buys a house, begins restoring it, and pretty much creates a picture of a man who has retired young and plans on spending the rest of his life sitting on a rocking chair front porch.
That was the plan, until Grant meets Morgan, a high functioning autistic man, who has the remarkable ability to see past light to the reality underneath. Morgan like no man he’s ever met. Strong willed, passionate, with a wicked sense of humor. 

Grant’s attraction to Morgan is plagued by preconceived ideas about autistic people. But Morgan doesn’t give up and decides to teach Grant a lesson in perception. 

Unfortunately for Grant and Morgan, the FBI doesn’t give up either.


Anything extra you would like to add?


I’m not sure what else to add. I’m a rather boring person to be honest. I do have plans to try and write a graphic novel. Not sure how that will pan out as I have very little patience when it comes to art, and I lack a true graphic artist hand, so I’m going to water color the art and see how that goes. If it sells well, and doesn’t take me until I’m old an gray to finish it, I just might do more than one. :)

Other than that I have two dogs, seven ferrets, four cats, and a perpetual artistic disaster piled on my desk.
















CLICK TO SEE OTHER ADRIENNE WILDER POSTS




CLICK TO SEE MY REVIEW OF COMPLEMENTARY COLORS







2 comments:

  1. Wait...seven ferrets? Where did number seven come from!? . What a great blurb for AOL. I can't wait to meet Morgan! Thanks for the interview. And i would never say you are boring...far from it :)

    ReplyDelete